OASIS Enhancements and Fixes Released on March 1, 2016
The latest installment of enhancements and fixes to OASIS was released on March 1, 2016 and includes the following:
- An enhancement to the Firm/Approval Orders search feature. This has been split into two tabs, clarifying the difference between order and invoice searches. Order status settings now include Open, Fulfilled, and Cancelled options, all selected by default. Below is a screenshot of this enhancement (to view a larger screenshot go to the Help Portal):
First tab is for searching orders:
Second tab is for searching invoices:
The Help Portal section for Search Orders/Invoices (available in the A-Z List) has also been updated.
We have removed the reference to ‘Other Electronic Book’. OASIS no longer indexes or outputs eBooks that can't be purchased through OASIS. This was previously displayed as shown in the following screenshot:
- For books available through OASIS which the library is not licensed, the language has been clarified to read e.g. "Ebook available via Ebook Central [and/or other platform]. Contact library administrator for licensing status."
- The "In Library Holdings" call-out in the browse row now indicates the format held by the library.
- For customers who were experiencing an issue printing lists within OASIS the font size has now been increased.
- For customers who are set up for OASIS service APIs the URLs have been updated to oasis-services.proquest.com.
New in OASIS as of 19 January 2016
Our product engineers have been working on a number of OASIS improvements/enhancements over the past few months. As of Tuesday, 19 January 2016, when you log into OASIS you find several of these changes have been implemented.
Search Orders feature updated
The Search Orders feature in OASIS has been renamed Search Orders/Invoices. And instead of having to decide which of 5 separate options you should use to get the results you are seeking you now have 2 clearly labeled and intuitive options: Firm/Approval Orders (1) and, Standing Orders (2).
The option for Firm/Approval Orders is a simplified version of this screen, with functionality now encompassing that of two menu options we have removed, Order History and Invoice History. This simplifies the menu itself. Users now can, for example, search here for invoices only.